During the tour you will visit Antiokia monastery situated at the confluence of the rivers Kura and Aragvi. Svetitskhoveli cathedral, where is buried one of the greatest treasure of the christian world, robe of the Jesus Christ. Samtavro nunnery, which belongs to the XI century, a smll church and blackberry bush where was praying Georgian enlightener St. Nino.
Also we”ll viewing Siomghvime monastery complex situated 12 km. away from the town. It’s founded in VI century by Assyryan St. father Shio. In the XIII-XIV centuries monastery represented scientific-educational center.
- In the morning departure to Mtskheta direction.
- After half hour traveling we’ll visit Antioch monastery (it is situated on the confluence of rivers Kura and Aragvi).
- Afetr visiting monastery we will walk, explore souvenirs and visit Svetitskhoveli cathedral. (XI century).
- We will view Svetitskhoveli cathedral where is buried one of the greatest treasure of the world robe of the Christ.
- Afret visiting Svetitskhoveli we’ll see Smtavro nunnery, liite church and bush of blackberry, where Georgian enlightener St. Nino prayed.
- After visiting Samtavro nunnery we will rest a little and have dinner in restaurant.
- (you’ll taste national dishes).
- After rest and dinner we’ll go to Shiomghvime monasteri direction.
- Approximately half hour driving we’ll visit Shiomghvime monastery founded by Assiryan father Shio in the VI
- After visiting monastery we’ll go back to Tbilisi.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Tbilisi International Airport|
|THE TOUR DURATION||6 – 7 hours|
|NECESSARY EQUIPMENT FOR THE TOUR PARTICIPANTS||Comportable shoes, Waterproof jacket, sun protection things (sun glasses, sun protection cream)|
|THE TOUR PRICE INCLUDES:|| Full transport service (comfortable transport)
Qualified excursion guide
Guide during the whole tour
Qualified tour coordinator
Dinner in traditional Georgian restaurant
The first free medical assistance
|THE TOUR PRICE EXCLUDES:||Alcoholic drinks|
- The tour with it’s complication and data belongs to easy category,
- Duration of the walk: 1 hours;
- Duration of driving: 3 hours.